Sunday, March 11, 2012

This Week's Menu

It's funny really. I can't keep one blog updated, so I thought I'd start another one. Twice the work will definitely get done, right? Oh, well. A girl can dream. I wanted to start a food blog where I took pictures of every step of creating a meal. Well, guess what? Alex doesn't think that's a good idea. His afternoon nap has gotten shorter, so I am lucky if I even get to finish a sandwich (at 3 o'clock) and chop a few veggies. Most of my dinner prep is done frantically while he's gnawing on a teething biscuit or my fabulous hubby, Mike, gives him a bath. Long story short - this poor blog will be lucky if it sees a finished meal at the end of each day. But I am going to try.

To start simple, here is this week's dinner plan. I figure this might motivate me to be more involved in the world of food blogging. So for now, here are my ideas. I am not nearly as creative as I'd like to be, so most dinners will have cute little links next to them - you know, giving credit to the real genius behind the dinner plate. 

Here goes nothing:


I cannot emphasize enough how great these are. I usually make way too many and freeze them in individual servings. Trust me. This is a great idea for those days when there is nothing to eat.

Tuesday: Filet Mignon, Roasted Beet Mashed Potatoes, and Roasted Asparagus
Here is the link for the Roasted Beet Potatoes:
https://www.abundantharvestorganics.com/recipes.php?id=429

Wednesday: Halibut with Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo and a Baby Green Salad with Balsamic
Here is the link for the Orzo:

Try this orzo recipe, but do cut it in half if you plan to only feed 2-3 people. I can't believe this is the first orzo recipe I had ever tried. It is scrumptious. 

Thursday: Linguini with Kale, Turkey Bacon, Fontina and Garlic

Inspired by Martha Stewart, I've personalize this one. (Sorry, Martha. Sometimes, your recipes are too bland for me.)

I cut the pasta amount in half and used normal pasta instead of wheat. I also reduced the chicken broth by half, and substituted turkey bacon. I kept the turkey bacon, kale, garlic, and fontina amounts the same. I also topped mine with parmesan because, c'mon, when has adding more cheese ever been a bad idea?

I love this dinner because it's a one dish meal. Protein, carb and veggie are all in one dish. 

I'd love to dish more about my food, but I am sitting in my robe and a messy braid in my hair, and I am pretty sure everyone at Whole Foods would appreciate if I didn't go shopping looking like this. Plus, I am racing the clock until Alex gets up from his nap. 

If a personal creation is "Oh Faye" (name the movie?), I will add a detailed recipe. Can't do it now, because most of the time I just throw things in a pan and hope for the best.

Adios Amigos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment