Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Best Pot Roast in the Whole Wide World

If you only cook one meal between now and the time the weather gets really warm (and you eat beef), make it this: The Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pot Roast and Mashed Potatoes.

I cannot stress enough how wonderfully comforting this meal is. 

This recipe is so good, I completely went against my grocery list in order to add it to this week's menu. If you do it right, it will be so tender and flavorful you'll almost  forget you spent $28 on your grass fed chuck roast. :) (I know $28 sounds like a lot, but this easily feeds 4 people; or better yet - if you are a family of 2 - it's dinner for two nights. The leftovers will knock your socks off, as well.)

Here is a picture of the last time I made it, just in case you need convincing: 


If you don't like it, maybe you should become a vegetarian; it really doesn't get any better than this. 

Enjoy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment